1. Spice Mix of the Month "Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix"
2. Pumpkin Soup Recipe
3. Free Spice Mix E-book
4. Your Recipes
5. Comments? - Ideas?
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" —-Virginia Woolf
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix
The recipe below uses five spices and you may already have most of them.
Ingredients: (makes about 5-6 tbsp)
2tbsp ground cinnamon
1tbsp ground ginger
1tbsp grated nutmeg
2tsp ground cloves
2tsp ground allspice
tbsp = tablespoon
tsp = teaspoon
Simply combine all spices together and store in an airtight jar out of direct sunlight.
That's it! So quick, simple and much better than bland, generic store bought mix.
Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Out of all the homemade soups I make, pumpkin or winter squash soups are my favourites. And at this time of year I've usually a couple left over from fall/autumn.
ingredients: makes 2 servings
1 medium pumpkin or winter squash
2 stalks celery
1 green pepper
1 medium onion
1 pint of vegetable stock (20fl oz)
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
olive or coconut oil for coating the veggies
salt & pepper to taste
chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350f).
2. Chop the pumpkin/squash in half and remove the seeds, lightly oil the cut side. Place cut side down on a baking sheet.
3. Remove seeds from pepper and chop with the celery and onion into smallish pieces.
4. Oil the pieces and place on the tray with the pumpkin/squash and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes until tender.
5. Let cool, and scoop out the soft pumpkin/squash. Add to a blender or food processor with some of the stock and blend with the roasted veggies. Add enough stock until you get the thickness you prefer.
6. Add in the pumpkin pie spices and season with salt and pepper.
Either eat as it is, or for a smoother texture, put it through a sieve first.
This is a free spice mix e-book I put together to thank new subscribers. It wasn't ready for earlier subscribers. So if you haven't a copy you can download one here...
Please pass a copy to your friends and anyone who loves great tasty food.
If you have a homemade spice mix recipe, curry powder or masala blend you'd like to share with the world, you can do that here...
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favour and "pay it forward."
If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting...
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this zine and tell me what you think!
Until next month,
Jason - Bespoke Spices